Sunday, August 28, 2016

It All Began With Creation ~ Bill Gray Video

Back in 2006, our daughter, Lana, needed one more credit to complete the requirements for her BA degree in Business.   She decided to take a class in World Religions at Riverside Community College in Norco, California.  During the semester, the professor told them they could do a special project for credit; so Lana asked me to give a 45 minute talk to her class on our Christian faith.  I was thrilled; our daughter was soon graduating from college - and I get to do my very first "Show and Tell."   Wow!  So, I made a PowerPoint Presentation which I titled "It All Began With Creation."

For my Friends in other countries, "Show and Tell" is a ritual proud American parents (and I am sure in many other countries also) get to do when their kiddies are in grade school.  Of course, I have always been a bit late in most things - it even took me to age 50 to become a Christian.  So, it is no surprise that it took me to age 68 for my first "Show and Tell."

My challenge?  Lana warned me that, although her professor is Christian; the class is mixed - some believers, some non-believers - and one atheist.  With that type of audience, how do you begin a talk on the Christian faith?  You begin by first establishing the validity of the Bible?

My biggest challenge?  To take a discussion from the Creation to the End Times - in 45 minutes.  That had to begin with: 
"Why Should I Believe The Bible?"

The answer:  The Bible is proven by Prophecy

                       The Bible is proven by Historical Documents

                       The Bible is proven by Archeology (Science)


My presentation to her class was on a Saturday, and after it was over - I have to admit that I gave praise to God that He has not called me to be a pastor.  My forte, the arena where I am comfortable, is an interactive discussions, such as a Bible study - where we walk together through portions of Scripture expositionally, verse by verse, and encourage questions, comments, and interaction.  But, to stand at a pulpit and talk for 45 minutes - well, as I said, not my cup of tea.  I will leave that to our pastors who do it very well.  I will stick to Bible study and Sunday School groups.

Thinking about it later, I wondered why I feel this way - since I had been doing Electronics classes, Computer classes, and Computer Seminars since I was twenty years old.  And that has been, at least, a couple of years.  Many of my seminars have been full one and two day sessions.  So, why would it bother me to talk for 45 minute from the pulpit?  Then it dawned on me.  All the classes I have ever lead, all the seminars I have ever given - have all been interactive discussion formats, much like my way of doing Bible studies.

Anyway, I did get through it.  And, while giving the presentation, I had no trouble identifying the one atheist - even though Lana did not tell me his/her identity nor where the atheist would be sitting.  After the class, Lana and I walked into the hallway.  I told her, "The atheist was the man sitting in the first row, last seat in the back, on my left."  She was amazed, asking, "How did you know?"  Easy, he was the only person with a "I don't believe a word you are saying" look on his face.

With all that said, I want to share my PowerPoint presentation (converted to YouTube video format) with my Friends.  If you find any of it useful, please feel free to use it.   If you would like to have the PowerPoint Presentation version, just Message me with your e-mail address or send me an e-mail request.

I pray that you will find this video a useful resource for your personal studies, your Bible studies, and hopefully it will help you in witnessing.  Any and all comments and suggestions to make it a more effective presentation will be greatly appreciated.

IT ALL BEGAN WITH CREATION ~ BILL GRAY VIDEO https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvZZmYxjGYQ
 
God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill 

No comments:

Post a Comment