Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Let's Talk About Heaven!

Let's Talk About Heaven!  ~  Today a Christian sister, Krista Brewer, posted an interesting question on Facebook

"Will we have a Companion for 'life' in Heaven?  Obviously we won't be married, the Bible states that word for word.  But I heard two Pastors (one last night) say that there were indications in Scripture that we would have an eternal companion.  I'm gonna look it up and write something on it once I figure it out."

And I responded on her post:

Hi Krista Brewer, Personally I believe that in heaven we will have love for all the saints, but we will still remember and hold close the special relationships we had on earth. Below is a post I wrote on Facebook in 2002 which alludes to this same subject:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~

TODAY, I CRIED  -  January 3, 2002

Today as I was ironing my shirts and levis, a male survival skill taught me as a youth by a wonderful mother, I was listening to a Good News Radio, a Christian radio station in Riverside, California.   The song they were playing, "I Bowed On My Knees And Cried Holy," sung by the Heritage Singers, really touched my heart.  The words spoke of meeting loved ones in heaven.

I thought of my mother who went home to be with the Lord in 1994.  A thought came to me, possibly the Holy Spirit, which made me cry.  I thought about those loved ones, especially my mom, who have gone ahead and I wondered if they know about me now.  I found solace and sadness in the fact that the Bible teaches us that there will be no more tears in heaven.  So my mother's pains, her unhappiness, her heartaches were all left behind when she went home to be with the Lord.

But I could see a picture of her in heaven, with Jesus, and she is always smiling.  She is always happy.  Then I remembered the question that many have asked, "Will my loved one, my mother, my father, my brother or sister, my wife or husband, my child - will they know what is happening to me here on earth, what I am doing, how I am living?  Will they know the many times I have failed to act and walk as a Christian should?  Would my mother be happy with what I am today?"  And I saw, what to me was the answer.

I see Jesus, every time I do something right, going to my mother and telling her what I have done that really pleased Him.  Oh, I know how happy that makes her.  But what about those times when I do things which I know will not please Jesus?  What does He tell my mother then?  The answer, He tells her nothing.  Because He wants her to be happy, so He tells her only the good things about me, the things I do which will make her happy.

That is when I cried.  Because I know that the things which He cannot tell my mother far outweigh the things He can tell her.   And I know then that, once again, I have made Him very sad - and once again He alone has carried my sins upon His wonderful, cross-scarred shoulders. Once again, He alone has borne my stripes.  That is why I cried.

God bless you and your family,

Bill 
Click on image to enlarge:


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment