Saturday, July 10, 2021

End Times Bible Study Videos

IN 1991, DURING THE DESERT STORM WAR IN KUWAIT, as the oil fields were burning and the smoke blackened the skies, our Friday Night Bible Study leader, Tom  Fletcher, chose to talk about End Times Prophecies.

But before we begin a discussion of the End Times, we will first define some of the key words and phrases which we will encounter as we travel the End Times Highway.  I do not want you to be as I was in 1991.  I was then a relatively new Christian, circa 1987, and the Gulf War was ongoing.  That war, especially the burning of the oil fields in Kuwait, led many Christians to thoughts of the End Times.  Not long after the war began, at our Friday Night Bible Study, our study leader, Tom Fletcher, began to talk about the Rapture and other End Times events.

At that time, I had "NO IDEA" what he meant or what this obviously soon-to-come Rapture entailed.  This was the first time I had ever heard the word "Rapture" and had no idea what Tom meant.  However, I was not going to be the one who asked, "What is the Rapture?  What are you talking about?"  No way!  I was not going to show my ignorance.  So I sat silently, totally in a cloud.

But there was a positive outcome of my hidden ignorance of Biblical prophecy that evening.  Shortly after that fateful 1991 Bible study, I began my own personal study of End Times Prophecies - and have continued since 1991, gaining new insight and knowledge almost daily.  I spent four years creating the End Time Charts in this video - and over the years, I have made a number of corrections.  As I gained new insight, or as someone made me aware of an error - I made changes.  And recently, while using my PowerPoint presentation to create these videos, I recognized a need for several more corrections.

I pray that if you find an error in the charts, you will bring it to my attention so that we can have a discussion.  My goal in these Bible Study videos, and the associated PowerPoint and PDF presentations, is to share with you the insight and knowledge I have gained over the years - with the goal that none of you will have to sit through an End Time Bible Study in a cloud of silence - as I did in 1991.

First we will take a look at this mysterious language, Christianese, so that we will all be on a level playing field.  However if the video introduces a word, a phrase, or a point you do not understand while watching the video - pause the video, open your Bible, or maybe even Google - and do some research.  We ALL are somewhat in a cloud of ignorance when trying to understand the End Times.  But God, in His Bible, has given us all the knowledge we need for salvation and to be eagerly waiting for His coming to "catch us up to be with Him in the clouds" (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

That is why we are told in 1 Corinthians 13:12, "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face.  Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known."  Our task now is to stay in God's Word, daily striving toward maturity - and to share His Word in our own Jerusalem (our family and community) - and in all the world.  That is His Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:15). 

The best way for us to mature in our own knowledge of God's Word and to be able to help others grow toward maturity - is to be engaged in lively discussions in our corporate Sunday Schools and Bible Studies.  That is the goal of these Bible Study videos, PowerPoint and PDF presentations - to help you create a lively group discussion of the End Times.

END TIMES Bible Study - Week One And Two ~ Edited July 23, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUwF_igeTQk&list=PL_YT3RttutrhFulPncH3GflTo0nP3T7wT

It is my prayer that you will find this material helpful in your study of God's Word and in your ability and desire to share it with others.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill 
Click On The Image To Enlarge: 



No comments:

Post a Comment