Saturday, November 25, 2017

Just Be Ready!

In the wee hours of the morning on November 25, 2012, a Friend on the TimesDaily Religion Forum asks me:

Bill,  Do you believe those who claim to have near death experiences, who say they went to heaven and were sent back to earth?  And, are angels all males or are there female angels?  Are we near the end of time?  So many say we are.
 
Let's break her questions down:

First,  "
Do you believe those who claim to have near death experiences, who say they went to heaven and were sent back to earth?"

We know that Hebrews 9:27 tells us, "And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment."   That tells us that no one has died and then come back.   But, you asked about "near death experiences" - which I do believe can happen.

But, do those people truly see heaven or hell?   Or is it something which happens due to preconditioning of their minds?

Years ago, I frequently drove the Los Angeles freeways in my field engineering and then computer sales work.   At that time, I purposely preconditioned my mind to react when and if danger quickly came upon me.  When driving, I would repeatedly think to myself, "If you have a blow-out, or your car starts to spin - turn your wheels into the spin - not against it."   I told myself this, and other precautions, over and over - until my reaction became second nature.

And, I can attest that this saved my life several times.  Once, when driving north on Freeway 5 going through Buena Park, California - I had a blow-out while driving 70 mph in the fast lane, in mid-day traffic.  My automatic preconditioned reaction helped me put the car into the ditch on the side of the road - instead of rolling over or hitting another car.

Another time, the second trailer in a tandem trailer configuration broke from the 18-wheeler truck and first trailer, right in front of me - and while I was maneuvering around that trailer, the front trailer broke off and jack-knifed right in front of me.   Only my preconditioned reflexes saved me.

All this is to say that people can precondition their minds:  for driving dangers as I had done - or - about seeing heaven or hell.  And, in a near death experiences those preconditioned thoughts can seem to be very real to them.  That is what I believe happens.

Next, my Friend asked, "And are angels all males or are there female angels?" 

Even though the angels mentioned in the Bible always have masculine names - I believe angels do not have a specific gender, that they are neither male nor female.   

When the Pharisees tried to trap Jesus with the story of the women who married seven brothers in succession (Matthew 22:23-30), by asking Him, "In the next life, whose wife is she?"

Jesus told them, in Matthew 22:30, "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven."

God made us male and female so that we might marry and have children, i.e., "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth" (Genesis 1:28).  That is the same thing He told Noah and his sons after the flood (Genesis 9:1).

Angels were not created to procreate - so, they have no need to be either male or female.

Next, my Friend asks, "Are we near the end of time?  So many say we are."

Jesus tells us:

Matthew 24:36, "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."
 
Acts 1:7, "He said to them, 'It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority.' "

In Matthew 24, Jesus gives us food for thought about the end times, i.e., there will be wars, heavenly disturbances, calamities on earth, increasing apostasy, etc.  All of these are happening now, but will happen to a greater extent during the seven year Tribulation, which is what Matthew 24 is describing.  One last key gating factor for the Rapture to occur, is the return of Israel as a nation.  That did happen in 1948.  

We know there is growing apostasy.  For we see the world and the United States becoming more and more secular, allowing secular society more and more freedom to spread their aberrant teachings and lifestyles in all levels of our schools and in our society.  And we see growing persecution of Christians worldwide.  There are many signs.  But, from Scripture we know absolutely that NO ONE knows the time, day, or hour of His coming.

That is why we are told to be ready at all times.  Just as I preconditioned myself for automatic reaction in times of danger while driving - we must precondition ourselves spiritually to always be ready for our Lord and Savior to return - when least expected.

Luke 12:40, "You too, be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour that you do not expect."

 
Matthew 24:44, "For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will."

So, regarding the End Times and when Christ will come to Rapture His church; the best advice anyone can give is - always be ready.  Have your spiritual house in order and be ready for Him to come at any time.  It could be today, tomorrow, next year - or not for a hundred years.

But this we know beyond all doubt.  The Rapture, Christ taking His bride, His church, into heaven, will happen. 

John 14:1-3, "Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.  In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also."


1 Thessalonians 4:16-18, "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  And thus we shall always be with the Lord.  Therefore comfort one another with these words."

He is coming for us when we least expect it (Matthew 24:44).  Just be ready.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment