Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Bible Study Resources ~ What We Believe, Creation, And End Times Videos

Several months ago, I shared with folks in my Friends Ministry eNewsletter mail list a PowerPoint based video titled "It All Began With Creation" which I did in 2006 for my daughter's World Religion class at a local college.  And, over the intervening years I have honed it for use in Bible studies and Sunday School classes.

In 2009, when we were beginning a Sunday School class at the New Beginning Christian Fellowship, I prepared a PowerPoint presentation titled "Inaugural Class - What We Believe."   Why begin with doctrinal beliefs, i.e., a Statement of Beliefs or Statement of Faith?  Because that should be the very first piece of business established for any ministry, personal or corporate.  If you do not know what you believe from Scripture and cannot explain those beliefs - your ministry has no solid foundation.

About ten years ago, I came upon the web site of a church in the Midwest.  Searching the web site, I could not find their Statement of Beliefs.  So, I sent an e-mail to the church.  Shortly I received a reply, telling me, "We do not post our Statement of Beliefs - for we do not want to offend anyone."  My immediate reply to that e-mail was, "Well, my Friend, you have most certainly offended me, a Christian believer.  And, I have little doubt that you have also offended God."

You do not want your ministry or fellowship operating in that "offend no one" mode of Christian sharing.  And, that is why the first video I offer is "WHAT WE BELIEVE - Our Statement Of Faith."   Once that is established, then we can talk about the Biblical issues of the Creation and End Times Prophecies.

A few years ago, preparing to lead a Bible study on the End Times, I put together a PowerPoint presentation.  Last Sunday, after our worship service, one of our church leaders, Ben Gallardo, and I were talking about one of my favorite subjects, End Times Prophecy.   I told him I would e-mail him my "END TIMES Bible Study" PowerPoint presentation.  But, thinking about it yesterday, I decided to also convert that to a YouTube video as I have already done with my "WHAT WE BELIEVE - Our Statement Of Faith" and "It All Began With Creation" PowerPoint presentations.  That way I can send the three as one YouTube Playlist file.

Since all three were created to be PowerPoint presentations to allow discussion on each slide, at first I was concerned about having them in a YouTube video format.  However, you can stop and start the videos just as you would a PPT presentation.  That can be helpful in using the videos for Bible studies or Sunday School classes.  But if anyone wants copies of these PowerPoint presentations in PPT format, I will be happy to e-mail them to you.

Below is the Friends Ministry eNewsletter I sent out before.  At that bottom I have modified the URL link to reflect the YouTube playlist which includes the three videos.

So, with no further ado, let us begin:


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 

Subject:  IT ALL BEGAN WITH CREATION ~ Bill Gray Video
Date:     Sun, 28 Aug 2016 03:06:30 -0700
From:     Bill Gray

Hi to all my Friends,

Back in 2006, our daughter, Lana, needed one more credit to complete the requirements for her BA degree in Business.   She decided to take a class in World Religions at Riverside Community College in Norco, California.  During the semester, the professor told them they could do a special project for credit; so Lana asked me to give a 45 minute talk to her class on our Christian faith.  I was thrilled; our daughter was soon graduating from college - and I get to do my very first "Show and Tell."   Wow!  So, I made a PowerPoint Presentation which I titled "It All Began With Creation."

For my Friends in other countries, "Show and Tell" is a ritual proud American parents (and I am sure in many other countries also) get to do when their kiddies are in grade school.  Of course, I have always been a bit late in most things - it even took me to age 50 to become a Christian.  So, it is no surprise that it took me to age 68 for my first "Show and Tell."

My challenge?  Lana warned me that, although her professor is Christian; the class is mixed - some believers, some non-believers - and one atheist.  With that type of audience, how do you begin a talk on the Christian faith?  You begin by first establishing the validity of the Bible?

My biggest challenge?  To take a discussion from the Creation to the End Times - in 45 minutes.  That had to begin with:  "Why Should I Believe The Bible?"

The answer:  The Bible is proven by Prophecy

                      The Bible is proven by Historical Documents

                      The Bible is proven by Archeology (Science)

My presentation to her class was on a Saturday, and after it was over - I have to admit that I gave praise to God that He has not called me to be a pastor.  My forte, the arena where I am comfortable, is in interactive discussions, such as a Bible study - where we walk together through portions of Scripture expositionally, verse by verse, and encourage questions, comments, and interaction.  But, to stand at a pulpit and talk for 45 minutes - well, as I said, not my cup of tea.  I will leave that to our pastors who do it very well.  I will stick to Bible study and Sunday School groups.

Thinking about it later, I wondered why I feel this way - since I had been doing Electronics classes, Computer classes, and Computer Seminars since I was twenty years old.  And that has been, at least, a couple of years.  Many of my seminars have been full one and two day sessions.  So, why would it bother me to talk for 45 minute from the pulpit?  Then it dawned on me.  All the classes I have ever lead, all the seminars I have ever given - have all been interactive discussion formats, much like my way of doing Bible studies.

Anyway, I did get through it.  And, while giving the presentation, I had no trouble identifying the one atheist - even though Lana did not tell me his/her identity nor where the atheist would be sitting.  After the class, Lana and I walked into the hallway.  I told her, "The atheist was the man sitting in the first row, last seat in the back, on my left."  She was amazed, asking, "How did you know?"  Easy, he was the only person with a "I don't believe a word you are saying" look on his face.

With all that said, I want to share my PowerPoint presentations (converted to YouTube video format) with my Friends.  If you find any of it useful, please feel free to use it.   If you would like to have the PowerPoint Presentation PPT version, just Message me with your e-mail address or send me an e-mail request.

I pray that you will find these videos useful resources for your personal studies, your Bible studies and Sunday School classes, and hopefully it will help you in witnessing.  Any and all comments and suggestions to make them more effective presentations will be greatly appreciated.

YouTube Playlist: 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNKrIaX3DYE&list=PL_YT3Rttutrg5b_RatiYM1Rr788BLiKbr


WHAT WE BELIEVE - Our Statement Of Faith  ~  Revised October 11, 2016  (3.37 minutes)

IT ALL BEGAN WITH CREATION ~ Revised October 11, 2016  (5.16 minutes)


END TIMES Bible Study - Weeks One & Two  (5.22 minutes)
 
God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill 


No comments:

Post a Comment