Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Do You Believe That God Wants Believers To In The Political Arena - Or Should We Stay On The Sidelines?

Recently a Christian brother and Friend posted the declaration below on Facebook.  It is clear from his comment that he neither likes President Trump nor Joe Biden.  But, as I understand his statement, he believes that Christian believers should not be involved in the political process - merely accepting what the secular world throws at us - and standing with Roman 13:1, just keep quiet.

This got my attention for, not long ago, a pastor Friend told me that he feels I am too involved in and speak out too much in political discussions.  Yet it is my honest and strongly felt belief that God does not want the Christian believers to just sit quietly like sheep to the slaughter - while our faith, our families, and our homeland, America, are being destroyed by the secular politicians and world.

This is what my Christian brother and Friend posted on Facebook:

When I'm asked why I don't get so excited about this person or that person winning or losing an election, its simply because of what God tells us in Romans 13:1, "Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities.  For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God." 


God has instituted and is in control of all governing authorities.  That means a narcissistic prideful bully, an old geezer Liberal, and even a Liberal Californian who believes in science - were all placed in governing positions by God.  God's in control. 

That's why I don't freak out or cower in fear either way.  I certainly don't understand the why a lot of times, but maybe that's not for me to know.  God asks us to trust Him, as well as be subject to our authorities, not throw a temper tantrum when "our guy" doesn't win.


And I respond to his post:

That is true, but keep in mind that God also allowed Pharaoh to hold the Israelites as slaves. Then God sent Moses and Aaron to do battle with Pharaoh.  God did not tell Moses, "Don't worry about your fellow Israelites.  I am in control and they are still getting along okay under the Pharaoh."  No, God told Moses:

"Come now, therefore, and I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring My people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt." 
But Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" .  .  .  .  Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?"  And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM."  And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.' "  (
Exodus 3:10-11, 13-14)

God allowed the High Priests and his money-changers in the temple - where they made great profit robbing the people who came to worship. Then Jesus Christ took a whip and drove the money-changers out of the temple (Matthew 21:12, Mark 11:15, John 2:14).


God does "allow" both good and bad leaders.   But God also gives us the knowledge and the abilities to have our say in the political arena.  Does God want all believers to just be submissive subjects to bad leaders?  Or does God want us, as believers, to be an influence in the political world?

When we have leaders who tell us that we should kill unborn and new-born babies - is that of God?

When we have political factions telling us that the homosexual lifestyle and same-sex marriage should be our societal norm - is that of God?

When we have political leaders and educators who are helping our children, without parental knowledge, get abortions, have sex altering procedures - is that of God?

When we have leaders whose goal is to create Racial Division in our homeland - is that of God?

Galatians 3:28, "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus."


Colossians3:11, "Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave nor free, but Christ is all and in all."

When we have political leaders and educators who tell us that there are over 100 genders, that God did not mean for us to be just male and female - is that of God? 

Genesis 1:27-28, "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.  Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply.  .  ."


When we have political leaders declare that we must allow grown men to share the same bathrooms, dressing rooms, etc., with our young daughters - is that of God?


With all my heart, I truly believe that God WANTS believers to be involved in the political arena, that God wants Christian influence in our government offices.

Can you imagine a truly 100% secular government showing us how to live and how to raise our children?

I AM CONVINCED that voting and being involved in the political arena is not only of God, but I believe it is our Christian duty.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill
 

Click on the image to enlarge:


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment