Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Aneurysm Awareness - Share With A FRAN!

Recently a Christian sister, Merlee Advincula, shared the information below with me via Facebook Messenger.  And it seems so important enough that I must share it with YOU and all my Friends.  As a dear Friend, May Patam, shared with me many years ago at church, "If it will help one person, it is worth all the effort."  May and I were talking about sharing the Word of God through newsletters, notes, in person, etc., at church one Sunday.

But today Merlee's message could help save the life of a FRAN (Friend, Relative, Associate, Neighbor) - so how can we not share this vital information?  I am not sure if Merlee's message is a first person account, or if she is passing on what a Friend gave her.  But, regardless it is worth our continued sharing.

This was Merlee's Message to me:

Aneurysm awareness:

Another victim of aneurysm just passed away today.  I have a co-teacher who suffered an aneurysm late last year and she had to undergo brain surgery. Fortunately through God's miracle she was able to recover.  Prior to my co-teacher's case, my husband's cousin also suffered an aneurysm, was comatose for months in a hospital and also recovered. 

That is the time I begun to read about this sudden attack in our brains' blood vessels.  One time, a parenting seminar was held at my daughter's school.  The guest speaker timely points out that anybody can be a victim of an aneurysm.  But there's a proven technique how to avoid it.


When taking a bath, do not start pouring water on your head.  This is a bad practice.  Blood temperature will shoot up because of the cold water.   Instead wet your feet first or lower extremities -  wait for a few seconds.  Then slowly wet your upper extremities.  It means to say taking bath from feet to head - NOT head down - will save YOU from an aneurysm attack.


A sisterly reminder.  You may share this also to friends!  Life is precious.

And today she shared the photo below which adds to her previous message.  So, for all those you care about - and even those not so close - let's all share this message with our FRANs.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed, and healthy day,

Bill

Click on image to enlarge:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment