Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Jerry Jenkins Remembers Billy Graham

WHEN A MAN LIKE BILLY GRAHAM IS PROMOTED HOME  ~  We will see many reflections and memories shared.  I shared mine earlier today on our Bill & Dory Gray Christian Ministries blog site and I also shared it on Facebook and in my Friends Ministry eNewsletter.  This afternoon I received an e-mail notification from Jerry Jenkins, co-author with Dr. Tim LaHaye of the great "Left Behind" series of books.

Jerry Jenkins is sharing his memories of being a ghost-writer on a portion of Billy Graham's autobiography "Just As I Am."

There is a link to Jerry Jenkins' blog below.  But let me just share one portion which I feel is so Billy Graham:

I spent the better part of 13 months in the early 1990s traveling to and from Mr. Graham’s home in Black Mountain, North Carolina, and his nearby ministry offices in Montreat.  (I assisted him in writing the " birth-through-the-Nixon-years" for his autobiography Just As I Am.) .  .  .  .

Another time, he suggested we get away and work at a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.  One morning I followed him to the hotel barbershop where he got a haircut.  A manicurist working nearby struck up a conversation with him, asking, “So what do you do?”


In his inimitable accent, Mr. Graham said, “I’m a preachah.”

She said, “Oh, I don’t care for preachers that much.  Except Billy Graham, I do like him.”

He said, “You like Billy Graham, do you?”

“I do. I really learn from him.”

“Well, thank you. I am Billy Graham.”

She frowned.  “Oh, you don’t even look like him!”

The barber caught her eye and mouthed, “It’s really him.”

She said, “Oh, my God!”

And Mr. Graham said, “No, but I work for Him.”

With that introduction, please take a moment and visit Jerry Jenkins' blog site and read his full post at this URL:

Precious Memories: Billy Graham (1918-2018)

https://jerryjenkins.com/precious-memories-billy-graham-1918-2018/?inf_contact_key=15f39342927e55127baefe2702a0cc58be0b32175fed3f84c685ab37f3833045


God bless, have a wonderful blessed day,

Bill 


No comments:

Post a Comment