Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Why Do Non-believers Post So Zealously
On The Religion Forum?

Do atheists and secularist really believe there is no God? Or, is that their desired belief? While I do understand that there are people who can commit heinous crimes, murder, rape, child abuse, etc., with no apparent feelings of guilt, i.e., with no guilty conscience -- I suppose I want to believe those are the exceptions, the human anomalies, and not the norm.

So, when a large number of people tell me that they do not believe God exists -- I have to wonder how many of these are the anomalies, and how many only want to deny God exists, because they do not want to allow Him to be master of their lives?

Once again, I want to believe that the majority are in the latter group -- and there is still a chance to bring them to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Maybe I am naive; but, I know that my God exists -- and I know that He can save even the most stubborn and hopeless people. He proved that with the apostle, Paul, in Acts, chapter 9.

If you agree, share this with your Friends, Relatives, Associates, and Neighbors -- all your FRANs. Let's keep telling the world about the love of God; about His Word, written just for them; and the Gospel of Jesus Christ who wants all to be saved. Let's keep telling them all -- until He returns.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill Gray

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi to all my Forum Friends,

In the discussion titled "So Does God Decide Who Goes To Hell?" begun by our new Forum Friend, or an old Friend with a new posting name, Everlasting Godstopper (what does this posting name tell you?) -- there has been a running dialogue between Jan, a declared atheist, and Peter, a Christian believer.

As usual, Jan, and all of our atheist Friends, are comparing our belief in God to children's belief in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. She tells Peter, "A child believes in a Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, right? However, when they grow up most put those kinds of fairy tales behind them and realized that they are not real. Some kids apparently only grow out of certain fairy tales and hold on to others. You seem to be one of those kids that held on to the biggest one of all.

So, because some of us other kids grew up and read a science book or two, we got past all those childhood falsehoods. Including your scary god figure that knows when we are sleeping, that knows when we're a wake, who knows if we've been bad or good. Oh for goodness sake!


And, Peter responds to Jan, "(Since) you think of God in the same way you think of Santa -- why are you wasting your time on a Forum about God?

Seriously! I don't care if you think of Him as a sky fairy. That's your choice. And, if I'm correct in my beliefs, you will have to deal with that choice one day. But why do you continue to scream from the mountain tops that the 'sky fairy' isn't real? Do you do that about Santa, the Tooth Fairy, or the Easter Bunny? NO? Didn't think so. God is so irrelevant to you, (yet) you sure do seem to spend a ton of time and energy discussing Him."


Peter, as long as the atheists can close their eyes (spiritual eyes) and keep repeating, "He is not real! He is not real! He is not real!" -- they can pretend, and, I imagine, even to some degree, convince themselves that He is not real.

I am reminded of a time when my brother and I were young boys in Sheffield. One evening, we were home alone and in bed -- when we heard someone opening a window and coming into our home. So, we did the intelligent thing -- we pulled the blanket over our heads! Hey, if we could not see him -- surely he could not see us! Right? Wrong!

When I was a young adult, believe it or not, I was, not necessarily afraid -- but, very nervous in the dark. I suppose I was imagining all the things lurking in the dark which could jump out and grab me. But, there I was -- a young adult -- and, basically afraid of the dark.

Then, I read a book by John Steinbeck, "Travels With Charlie." Steinbeck, who came from the mid-California Monterey area, had written about America for years and decided it was time to get on the road and see America again. He had a camper put on his pickup truck -- and, with his large poodle, Charlie, set out to see America.

Normally, he stopped at camp grounds so that he could interact with people. But, one evening there was no camp ground available; so, he pulled off the highway and parked for the night. In the middle of the night, he began to hear all sorts of night noises. He became nervous, got his gun, and went outside to see what was up. As it turned out, it was just that -- night noises and noises from the camper settling. So, once he had assured himself that all was well, he slept well.

Reading this, I thought to myself, "Self, if a manly man such as John Steinbeck can be afraid of the dark -- then, why are you so worried about this silly fear?" And, believe it or not -- from that moment I have never been nervous in the dark. As a matter of fact, I cannot sleep well unless it is very dark. If there is light seeping into the room where I am sleeping, I have to get a night mask to prevent the light from keeping me awake. Quite a reversal.

And, I sense that our atheist Friends fear that same kind of spiritual reversal, i.e, if they acknowledge God -- they will be accountable to God. Then, they could not be "masters of their own world" -- they could not be their own gods. So, the more this idea of a true God of the Bible tends to seep in through the cracks -- the bigger their night mask must be to keep Him out.

How can this dilemma -- this fear that there could be a real God and that He would take control of our lives and we would be His slaves -- be prevented? Well, I would suggest that we begin by teaching our children about God and His love when they are very young. Then, they can grow up understanding, feeling, and growing in the love of God -- rather than in fear of God.

Let me give you a good example; once again using my brother and me, and our childhood. When we were young -- 9, 10, 11, 12 -- we were both tall and skinny. Even though he is three years older, we were always about the same size. Yet, when we did things -- he was always the best, he always won. When we went into PeeWee Football, he was always the first string player -- and I was his second string backup. With the young ladies -- even those I had a crush on, always seemed to like my brother better.

Needless to say, I grew up feeling second best. How could this have been prevented? If only my mom, or some other adult in the family, would have set me down and explained that Bob is three years older and should be stronger and more mature; very likely things would have been different. No one ever did this and consequently I grew up feeling second best.

We even carried this silent competition into high school. Bob was the star of our Sheffield High track team. He was, with no doubt, the best 440 Dash runner in the state of Alabama at that time -- and was offered a scholarship to the University of Alabama. And, I have no doubt that, had he pursued this, he would have gone to the Olympics. Instead, he got married while still in high school.

Yet, this I will declare, again with absolute certainty, his wife for 56 years, Mary, is a far greater prize than any Olympic gold medal.

In high school, I played varsity basketball. I would go to Bob's track meets and cheer my head off for him; but, no way would I allow him to know this. In the same way, he would cheer for me at our Sheffield basketball games. But, in person -- you suck!

My point in this personal excursion into the past is that, if some adult had set me and Bob down as young boys and explained to us about our bodies, how he was supposed to be stronger and more mature because he was three years older -- very likely we would not have developed that competitive sibling rivalry which carried over into our adult lives. Today, praise God, that feeling is totally dead. But, I mourn the lost sibling camaraderie of those young years.

In the same way, if parents and grandparents are Christian believers, if children are raised in Godly Christian homes and environments -- they will grow up loving God and not fearing Him. That should be the goal of all parents and grandparents. But, of course, the parents and grandparents need to be Christian believers -- before they can raise the children to love God.

Assuring that all children will have this kind of Christian home environment in which to grow in God's love -- by witnessing to and evangelizing non-believing adults who are parents and grandparents, and young adult who will become parents -- should be our highest priority for all Christian believers. We can help plant the "seeds of salvation" which can turn a secular home into a Christian home -- and into a Christian environment in which children can grow into God loving, God worshiping, young adults. Can you think of a more effective way of assuring the eternal happiness of our children?

Of course, our atheist Friends will answer that last question by replying, "Yes! Just leave them alone and let them develop their own ideas and morality." That, my Friends, is called Moral Relativism and is the rallying call of all atheists and secularist -- and was the driving motivation for Madelyn Murray O'Hair and the ACLU in 1963 when they had God and prayer evicted from our pubic schools.

We all have witnessed the happy results of that 1963 decision by the Supreme Court: an explosion of drive-by shootings and teenage crimes; runaway teen pregnancy; rampant drug use among young children; children in elementary schools now routinely having sex; and, the highlight of the secular world view -- the "politically correct" teaching and indoctrination of homosexuality and same-sex marriage in our public schools, beginning in Kindergarten.

How has America and our families benefited from the secular Moral Relativism? How has America and our families benefited from God and prayer being evicted from our schools? In absolutely no way! Since 1963, it has been all down hill.

Since 1963, the only bastion for Positive Moral Values, i.e., Christian Values -- are our Christian homes, our Christian churches, and our Christian schools where children can escape the indoctrination of the secular schools -- and grow in the love of God and Godly families.

What is next on the secular/atheist agenda? What is the next move in their attempts to deny God?

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment