Tuesday, August 15, 2017

END TIMES Bible Study - Weeks One & Two, Edited August 15, 2017

In the past couple of months I have been a member of a Facebook group named "Rapture Discussion: Pretribulation, Posttribulation, or Prewrath?"   And I have to say that in these few short months on this discussion group I have read a greater variety of End Times/Rapture theories, conjectures, and outright fantasies than in all the thirty years I have been a Christian, most of those years studying End Times Prophecies.

That is why I have created and published this End Times video which I have titled "
END TIMES Bible Study - Weeks One & Two, Edited August 8, 2017."  

Before we can begin a discussion of the End Times; we must first define some of the key words and phrases which we will encounter as we travel the End Times Highway.

I do not want you to be as I was in 1991.  I was then a relatively new Christian, circa 1987, and the Gulf War was ongoing.   That war, especially the burning of the oil fields in Kuwait, led many Christians to thoughts of the End Times.  Not long after the war began, at our Friday Night Bible study, our study leader, Tom Fletcher, began to talk about the Rapture.

At that time, I had "NO IDEA" what he meant or what this obviously soon-to-come Rapture entailed.  This was the first time I had ever heard the word "Rapture" and had no idea what Tom meant.  However, I was not going to be the one who asked, "What is the Rapture?  What are you talking about?"  No way!  I was not going to show my ignorance.  So, I sat silently, totally in a cloud.

But, there was one positive outcome of my hidden ignorance of Biblical prophecy that evening.  Shortly after that fateful 1991 Bible study, I began my own personal study of End Times Prophecies - and have continued since, gaining new insight and knowledge almost daily.  I spent four years creating the End Time Charts in this video - and, over the years, I have made a number of corrections.  As I gained new insight, or as someone made me aware of an error - I made changes.  And, just within the last few weeks, I have made several more corrections.   That is why I titled this video
"END TIMES Bible Study - Weeks One & Two, Edited August 8, 2017."

I pray that if you find an error in my video, you will bring it to my attention so that we can have a discussion.

My goal in this Bible study video is to share with you the insight and knowledge I have gained over the years - with the goal that none of you will have to sit through an End Time Bible study in a cloud of silence - as I did in 1991.

First we will take a look at this mysterious language, Christianese, so that we will all be on a level playing field.  However, if the video introduces a word, a phrase, or a point you do not understand from watching the video - pause the video, open your Bible, or maybe even Google - and do some research.  We ALL are somewhat in a cloud of ignorance when trying to fully understand the End Times and other Biblical issues. 
That is why we are told in 1 Corinthians 13:12, "For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face.  Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known"  

But God, in His Bible, has given us all the knowledge we need to attain eternal salvation and to be eagerly waiting for His coming to "catch us up to be with Him in the clouds (1 Thessalonians 4:17). 
Our task now is to stay in God's Word, daily striving toward more maturity -  and to share His Word in our own Jerusalem (our family and community) - and in all the world - His Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:15).

The best way for us to be more mature in our own knowledge of God's Word and to be able to help others grow toward maturity -  is to be engaged in our own personal Bible studies - as well as participating in lively discussions in our corporate Sunday Schools and Bible studies.  That is the goal of this Bible study video - to create a lively discussion about the End Times.

Now I invite you to view the video:

END TIMES Bible Studies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUwF_igeTQk&list=PL_YT3RttutrhPFj_GxNr9bXqlaei7eJaQ


Once again, if you find a possible error or just want to discuss a particular issue, please let me know and let's have a discussion.

God bless, have a wonderful blessed day,

Bill




No comments:

Post a Comment